- Over twenty years experience in systems development, software
engineering, computer systems research, and graduate education.
- Extensive experience and expertise in object technology, programming
languages, and formal systems.
- Specialist in web-centric programming
- Experience in teaching Computer Science at the college level.
- Principal investigator of an IR&D project which produced the
Verlangen verification system for formally verifying safety and liveness
properties of designs of concurrent and network systems.
- Taught a core course on operating systems/systems
programming in the Computer Science department of Princeton
- Wrote and delivered several papers at
national professional symposia.
- Designed and developed an interpreter and debugging environment for
programming an array processor.
- Wrote several proposals for research contracts with the Government.
- Designed a central database for RCA Globcom's Telex facilities.
- Designed and built a prototype operating system kernel for
- Developed family of concurrency control algorithms for maintaining
consistent, fully-replicated databases in a distributed system.
- Implemented, on a UNIX platform, an interactive automatic call
distribution management information system with real-time data
- Participated in the design and development of SL5, a programming
language targeted for research use.
- Web Developer, Columbia International University, Columbia, SC,
- Freelance webmaster and XML technologies
investigator, Columbia, SC, 1995-2002
- Consultant, RCA David Sarnoff Labs, Princeton, NJ, 1990-1991.
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, Princeton, NJ, 1989-1990.
- Principal Member of Engineering Staff, RCA Advanced Technology Labs,
Moorestown, NJ, 1983-1987.
- Member of Technical Staff, RCA David Sarnoff Labs, Princeton, NJ,
- Member of Technical Staff, Bell Labs, Holmdel, NJ, 1977-1978.
- Graduate Research Associate, University of Arizona, Department of
Computer Science, Tucson, AZ 1975-1976.
| Education |
|Ph.D. Computer Science|
|M.S. in Computer Science|
|B.A. in Interdepartmental Studies|
Magna Cum Laude
||Top Secret 1989|
|Phi Beta Kappa
Significant Publications /
- 8th GE Software Engineering Conference -
May 1987, Daytonsa Beach, FL.
- 8th National Security Conference -
March 1987, Gaithersburg, MD
- AFCEA First Annual Symposium on
Physical/Electronic Security - August 1985, Philadelphia, PA
- Fall COMPCON 80 - September
1980, Washington, DC
- Third ACM Symposium on the Principles of
Programming Languages - January 1976, Atlanta, GA
- Ph.D. Dissertation - December
1977, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- M.S. Thesis - December 1975, University of
Arizona, Tucson, AZ
| Civic Involvement and Other
Traditional Music & Dance Society
||1993-present; President 1998-2006; webmaster 1996-2006; current board member|
|Quail Hollow Swim Team
||QH Swim Team Chairperson 1996-1999; QH Swim & Racquet Club Board
Member 1996-1999; Columbia Swimming League Secretary 1998-1999|
|Lexington Presbyterian Church
||Member, WIC, Bible Studies, Choir, Worship Team|
|Contra Dance Bands
||Leader, performer on fiddle & hammered dulcimer; Holly Ridge
1992-1996; Cabin Fever 1996-present; Super Bowl Sunday
|Suzuki Violin Studio
||Teacher (students ages 3-adult), owner 1998-2004|
|Pineview Elementary School PTA
||Cultural Arts Chairperson 1999-2002|